Breaking

Search Asuneblog

Saturday, May 8, 2021

May 08, 2021

Report: Rocket Launched By China May Land In Abuja This Weekend - Experts Warn

A rocket launched by China is set to crash back to earth this weekend, a report by NBC news says. 


The rocket launched by the Republic of China in April 2021, is expected to re-enter the earth's atmosphere between late Saturday, May 8, to early Sunday, May 9, according to experts and officials. 


A photo of the rocket when it was blasted off from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the Hainan Province of China. 
Photo Credit: VCG/VCG
Source: Getty Images

According to the report, the 98-foot-long 5B piece of rocket is tumbling through space in an uncontrolled orbit at 18,000 miles per hour after blasting off last month carrying part of the country's new space station. 


As stated in the report, the rocket's lack of control can only mean experts aren't sure the exact location it will come down. 


However, Scientists say the risk of it killing anyone after it re-enters the earth's atmosphere is small but not impossible. 


Also, the report stated that there is a tiny chance the debris might hit the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja, New York, Los Angeles, Madrid, Rio de janeiro, or Beijing. 


Experts however noted that it will more likely land in the wilderness or an ocean. 


Meanwhile, a scientist known for amateur crewed rocketry, Mad Mike Hughes, died while attempting to launch his homemade rocket in Barstow, California last year. 


Mad Mike crashlanded his rocket few seconds after take off in the presence of Science Channel production crew that was on site documenting the launch. 


May 08, 2021

Frustrated Man Writes Letter To Dad As He Gives Up Position As First Son Over Family Problems


While the position of a first son is often ranked high in a family especially in the Africa setting, it however comes with responsibilities and sacrifices, of which a man is already tired of paying the price. 


Coupled with the current situation of Nigeria, a man identified as Kingsley, has given up his position as the first son of his family. 


According to Kingsley, his position as the first son is a liability and has increased his problems. 


In a letter addressed to his father, he stated that he will henceforth want to be addressed as the last born if possible. 


Read his letter below;



Friday, May 7, 2021

May 07, 2021

I'll cease to be Nigerian if Tinubu becomes president - Bode George


Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George, has vowed to cease being a Nigerian should National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, emerge the country's next president. 


Stating this while featuring on a programme on Arise Tv, on Friday, May 7, Bode called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate Tinubu's tenure as Lagos state governor and his alleged involvement with a tax firm - Alpha Beta Consulting, owned by him. 


"Let me say it in very clear language, to me it’s an insult to de-civilise the people of this country who are committed to national development that the likes of him want to run this country.

"We must make sure that they investigate him. He’s junketing all over the place—an insult to the civilised minds who work so hard in this country. If, by whatever yardstick, he becomes the head of state, I will cease to be a Nigerian and I’m not joking," he said partly. 



Thursday, May 6, 2021

May 06, 2021

Pantami Bags Most Outstanding Minister of the Year Award

Amidst criticism over his sermon on extremists, Nigeria's Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, has been conferred the award of the most outstanding 'Minister of the Year'. 


The award was conferred on him by the 'People and Power Magazine'


In a Facebook post shared by the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, the award was in recognition of the laudable policies developed by the ministry under his watch. 


The post listed the NIN-SIM DATA linkage, the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria as reasons why the award was conferred on him. 

Recall that the US had placed the Minister on 'terror-sponsor watch list' over alleged links to terrorism in the country. 
May 06, 2021

Nigerians unmask face of 14-years-old girl molested by Baba Ijesha....(PHOTO)


Nigerians have unveiled the face of the victim who was sexually molested by Nollywood actor now-turned suspect, James Omiyinka, better known as Baba Ijesha, following the release of the CCTV footage by PUNCH, showing how the actor molested the minor. 


This comes after Comedienne Princess, the foster mother of the victim, had already distanced herself from PUNCH's publication of the CCTV Footage, saying she didn't authorize the video. 


A check on PUNCH's website shows that the video has been deleted, this is obviously due to Princess' denial of the authorization of the video. 


This was however too late as the video had been already captured, saved and republished by several media agencies inclusive of bloggers. 


The Lagos State Government had on Tuesday, May 4, recommended a five-case charge be brought against the accused actor and suspect, Baba Ijesha, for accusing a minor. 


One of the sexual assault charges may attract life imprisonment on Baba Ijesha, as stated by the Lagos Government. 


“(1)Section 135; Indecent Treatment of a Child- punishable by 7 years imprisonment, (2) 137- Defilement of a-Child-, punishable by life imprisonment, (3) Section 261- Sexual Assault by Penetration- punishable by life imprisonment (4)Section 262- Attempted SexuĂ„l Assault by Penetration, punishable by 14 years imprisonment and (5)Section 263, Sexual Assault- punishable by 3 years imprisonment.”


The face of the 14-years-old victim has hit the internet and making waves on social media. See below;





Wednesday, May 5, 2021

May 05, 2021

Middle-Belt joins secession agitation, releases flag, currency, others...(PHOTOS)


Following several agitations from different region and groups in Nigeria seeking breakaway from the country, the Middle-Belt region have also joined in the agitation with the unveiling of its own flag, coat of arms and currency. 


Sources indicate that the region has kicked-off plans to agitate for its own country named "Midwest Republic". 


The Middle-Belt forum had in 2016, unveiled its own currency which has now been redesigned to include Midwest. 


It has also released its official flag and coat of arms, photos of which has started making waves on social media. 


Massive social media reactions have already begun trailing the proposed creation of the Midwest Republic. Below are some;





May 05, 2021

Baba Ijesha: Actor Yomi Fabiyi Wages War Against Adults Involved In CCTV Footage, Drag Lawyers



Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi, has called out lawyers, social workers, amongst others who fail to see the crimes of adults involved in the Baba Ijesha CCTV footage. 


According to the actor, the adults involved in filming the CCTV footage have commuted more serious crimes as stipulated by child laws in the country. 


In a recent post shared by the actor on his Instagram handle, he called out lawyers, government representatives, police officers and bench members who have taken up the sexual assault case against Baba Ijesha but are not pressing charges for those involved in recording the victim. 


See full post below;

Meanwhile, Nigerians who have reacted to the post have asked the actor to stop being a nuisance. Below are some of the reactions;



The Lagos State Government has however waded into the matter as charges has been pressed against Baba Ijesha for sexual assault in court. 


This was made known in a statement signed and released by the state's Commissioner of Justice, Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN). 


Baba Ijesha is to be charged using five sections under the Lagos State Criminal Law Code.